Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spinning Wheel -- Part Four

First thing....
I want to congratulate our grandson,
Trevor, who graduated from 
Kindergarten last night!


We are SO proud of him!
Way to go, Trevor!


Now for the spinning wheel....
only one more after this....

This in another of my "working" wheels....

In fact this is the one I use the most.

The name of this wheel is the 
Traveller 
and is a double drive....


What that means is there are two foot pedals to use.  
I really like this.  
I prefer to spin barefoot....
sometimes I wear socks....
hey, we all do what we have to do....ha ha!

This is an upright wheel and isn't too big.  


No story with this one either.  
Sorry.... 
However, I can tell you I have had 
many happy times spinning
LOTS of yarn on this wheel....

Happy Spinning, my friends!

Beth

What art offers is space -- 
a certain breathing room for the spirit.
John Updik

***********************************

Just for fun
I thought I would add a 
favorite recipe of mine....

Lemon Bars 

Three ingredients -- 


Mix the angel food cake mix 
with the lemon pie filling and
pour into a greased cake pan.

Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
(or until done)

Cool.

Top with Cream Cheese frosting.
(you can add a squirt of lemon juice to the frosting if you would like)

Done!

(I really do have to keep reminding myself to simplify....ha ha)

Easy peasy!

Enjoy!

13 comments:

The Furries of Whisppy said...

I went to youtube to watch how a spinning wheel worked and while it looked simple when it's being spun, getting it set up sounded really complicated!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congrats to Trevor - way to go, little man.

I love anything with lemon, will have to try your recipe, sounds yummy.

Kathie

Bassetmomma said...

Congratulations Trevor! I find the different spinning wheels interesting. I didn't know there were one and two pedal ones. Love the lemon bars recipe! It looks so easy and would be a great summertime dessert!

MadSnapper said...

i love all things lemon. yum. Trevor is a doll baby. i love all your spinning tales. hubby wants to know 2 things, how do you gather cat fur to spin it and how do you start it to spin it. please do a post on the how of it all when making yarn from cat fur.

Stewey said...

Great job, Trevor - Woo Hoo!
That lemon cake sounds pawsome - thanks for sharing your recipe!
Stewey

JacksDad said...

Do you just add the lemon filling to the dry cake mix, or do you make the cake mix with eggs and oil first?

Molly the Airedale said...

Your Lemon Bars sound yummy Mom is saving this recipe!
Congratulations, Trevor!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Sketching with Dogs said...

Congratulations to Trevor, he looks very happy - only 20 more years to go Trevor, LOL.
Such a nice spinning wheel, it must be almost hypnotic to spin the wool into yarn.
That is my kind of recipe, done in 10 minutes!
Lynne x

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is MY kind of recipe and I am printing it out right away. This wheel is really so beautiful! And I can see why you would spin barefoot or in socks, it gives you more of an immediate feel of the pedals, I cannot imagine spinning would be near as fun with shoes on, unless they were very thin soft soled slippers.

My Mind's Eye said...

Beth I wish I lived closer I think I would truly enjoy learning to spin...it appears to be a very relaxing hobby. Oh and yes I would require a slice of lemon bar and a cup of decaf after each class.

Congrats to Trevor on his graduation..he looks GREAT in a hat too.
Hugs Cecilia

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL to Jack's comment. He is such detail oriented guy.
Hugs Madi

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Trevor!! He's so cute! I didn't realize there were so many different spinning wheels! How neat! And thanks for sharing the recipe...I love anything lemony...YUM!! :)

Brandi

The Army of Four said...

That cake looks soooooo good! Thanks for sharing!
And a BIG congratulations to Trevor!!!
KZK